The Hydra 16A is our large format machine. Introduced in 2016, it features hard resolution (with encoder feedback) of 20 microns in the X and Y, and 0.8 microns in the Z in standard mode. In microstepping mode, we can achieve soft resolution of 4 microns in the X and Y. It comes standard with two tool positions, but can take additional yokes to handle more.
The base model has a range of 250mm in the Z, and can be equipped with the following (one is required):
- Bed, Standard, Warm: 400x300mm, 120C
- Bed, Standard, Hot: 400x300mm, 200C
- Bed, Large, Warm: 600x400mm, 120C
- Bed, Large, Hot: 600x444mm, 200C
In addition to the options available on most Hyrel printers, the Hydra 16A can also be equipped with:
- The 40 Watt CO2 laser (~10,000nm wavelength)
- The Pick-and-Place head with component tray
- The Three-Phase Spindle Tool for light machining operations
Most technical specifications are detailed in the comparison chart on the main page.
- Speed of travel (at slicing or in g-code editor)
- Layer thickness (at slicing)
- Volume of flow per unit distance (at slicing or in g-code editor)
- Extruder temperature (at slicing, in g-code editor, or manually during build) (MK-1, VOL-25)
- Cooling Fan speed (at slicing, in g-code editor, or manually during build (MK-1, QS-1)
- HotBed Temperature (at slicing, in g-code editor, or manually during build)
Or, is tabular better?
|Metric||Units||During Slicing||In G-Code Editor||GUI During Build|
|Speed of Travel||mm/min||yes||yes||no|
|Fan Speed||% of max||yes||yes||yes|