Here are instructions for uploading the latest Repetrel software and associated applications (EcoSystem Apps):
- As of 01 Mar 2017, the latest v2.x full version is 2.855
The Repetrel download will install the Repetrel software (release 2.855) as well as the firmware for your 407 Motion Controller and your 103 Print Head and Hot Bed Controllers. This install must be carried out per the instructions below, so that Repetrel and its dependent resources will be found in the expected locations.
A video giving a quick overview is available at: https://youtu.be/VMyS3h4qiSA
A video showing the actual upgrade process is available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4QwiuQtjO0
On new (clean) installs, you MUST run Slic3r.exe BEFORE launching Repetrel. Configure it to run in expert mode, then exit.
- Download http://hyrel3d.net/downloads/repetrel/Repetrel_2.855.rar (as of 1 Mar 2017). This contains:
- Repetrel 2.855
- 407 Motion Controller firmware 2.415 (reports back as 2.414)
- 103 PH/HB Controller firmware (see next table)
- Extract the contents
- Rename previous C:/repetrel to C:/repetrel.old (or similar)
- Move your extracted repetrel directory to C:/repetrel
Software upgrade complete. Occasionally a user will have to point existing shortcuts to the new executible, C:/repetrel/bin/repetrel.exe
Upgrading the Binaries (bin folder) Only
Note: Only valid when upgrading within the SAME main number (v2.x, or v3.x, or v4.x).
- As of 26 Jul 2016, the latest v2.x bin version is 2.865
- As of 20 Feb 2018, the latest v3.x bin version is 3.065B - DO NOT install this directory unless you are already on version 3.x!
- Navigate to C:\Repetrel
- Rename the bin directory to bin_(old_version_number)
- Download the current bin folder.
- Extract using WinRAR
- Copy the new bin folder to C:\Repetrel\bin
- Execute Repetrel.exe (your shortcut should still work).
Versions 2.415 and 33/35, * with Spindle Tool firmware, as of 10 May 2017
New software will often require new firmware. The latest firmware as of 1 Mar 2017 is part of the Repetrel download, above. However, if you only need to upgrade your firmware, download from: http://hyrel3d.net/downloads/firmware/Firmware_2017.05.10.rar
Video instructions for flashing the 103 (HH/HB) Controllers: https://youtu.be/yM8QMZBTb4o
Video instructions for flashing the 407 Motion Controller: https://youtu.be/cFAFRkpLmww
Clench Valves require the primary head to have firmware 49V installed, so that the clench valve is activated (instead of primes/unprimes). Download and flash per instructions above.
As of May, 2018, the following versions should be used for Repetrel versions 2.x and 3.x:
Use _TUBES_35K.hex :
- For all emulsion heads performing prime/unprime actions.
- For all emulsion heads with COD LED activity on constantly.
Use _TUBES_49V.hex :
- For all emulsion heads using Clench Valves instead of prime/unprime actions.
- For all emulsion heads using COD LED activity tied to printing moves only.
Use _FIL_250_PLAT_1A.hex :
- For MK1-250 and MK2-250 heads.
- For heated emulsions heads which don't seem to reach max temperature.
Use _FIL_450_45A.hex :
- For MK1-450 heads.
Use _FIL_250_RED_235A.hex :
- For older MK1-250 heads with RED RTDs.
Use _INKJET_6E.hex :
- For Inkjet heads.
Use _DrillMill_2.3.hex :
- For Spindle Tools.
Use _LASER_R2_234.hex :
- For any Lasers running on Repetrel 2.x.
Use _LASER_R3_PWM_6L.hex :
- For any Lasers running on Repetrel 3.x.
If, for some reason, you re-OSed or re-imaged your PC, or are installing on a new PC (or your local IT people made some changes preventing you from connecting to the printer), you will need to ensure that the proper drivers are in place. AFTER you have done the install above:
1. Run: C:\repetrel\ST-LINK Utility\Windows 8 Compatibility Resolver.bat
2. Right-Click and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR: C:\repetrel\DfuSe\Driver\dpinst_x86.exe (or other appropriate file if on another architecture); Click to ALLOW this program to run.
Now, in Devices and Printers, you should see the FT232R USB UART without any alert icon. Congratulations!
This package contains current basic recipes for 0.5mm nozzles, 1.5mm nozzles, and 14# (1.6mm) nozzles, as of March 2017.
The contents of the print, printer, and filament folders should be copied to C:\Users\Hyrel\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r\ in the print, printer, and filament folders, respectively.
Winrar can be downloaded from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Ecosystem Apps is a suite of publicly available programs which add many features at no cost. Some of them you might use individually to create or modify models. Others might be called from Repetrel to manipulate a file. This install should all be carried out per the instructions below, so that Repetrel will find them in the expected locations.
Installing Ecosystem Apps
- Download http://www.hyrel3d.net/downloads/updater/EcosystemApps.exe - see table below for the list of programs and their proper locations.
- Run the executable, with the location pointed to C:
- Launch Repetrel, go to the Programs tab, and double click in each text field, pointing the applications to their respective executable files under C:/EcosystemApps. See the table below for the proper locations. Note the new location for the Slic3r install; Slic3r Recipes (or Slic3r CFG files) should still be under C:\Users\Hyrel\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r.
|Program Name||Executable Location|
Installing New Slic3r Recipes
Download the recipes here
Air Filter Bracket
Customer exforma23 has made this file available for users to mount their air filters. Thanks exforma23!
Teamviewer Version 9
The link can be hard to find on the teamviewwer website, so here it is for you: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/old-versions.aspx
The newer microscopes (send in 2018) require this driver to be downloaded, extracted, and installed: http://hyrel3d.net/downloads/drivers/Microscope_Driver.rar