VERSION 3 IS NOT YET AVAILABLE TO THE MASSES.
If you need to upgrade to fix a bug, or are an adventurous soul, feel free to proceed.
If you have a functioning install, which does everything you need, please hold off on doing any upgrade just yet. New versions come out about daily right now. :)
This page has instructions for installing the latest Repetrel software and associated applications, drivers, and environment on a new Windows platform, or over an older install.
- Save any files that you want to keep, especially gcode and stl files. Recipes will be saved.
- This includes your Printer Settings file:
- For a new install, ignore this.
- For a 2>3 upgrade, ignore this.
- For a 3>3 upgrade, go to Settings > Printer and save your configuration to a file with a name unique to your environment (example: Acme_Lab_West), so that we can easily find it later. Save a copy of this file to your desktop for now.
These steps should each be done in order, and run as administrator.
First, we will rename the old Repetrel directory, then download and install the new Repetrel directory:
- Exit Repetrel.
- Rename C:\Repetrel to C:\Repetrel_old
- Download the file (above) and save it on your C: drive. I recommend doing this from the Desktop, but you can also run it from the Downloads directory. This installs the current Repetrel directory, with Repetrel 3.082_C with firmware 3.082g, the latest as of 11 Aug 2018.
- Extract this archive with WinRAR. You can get WinRAR from http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
- Move your new Repetrel folder to C:\ so that you once again have C:\Repetrel\bin\Repetrel.exe.
Next, we will (re)install all needed drivers. See the Drivers page.
Next, we will flash the Motion Controller firmware. See the Firmware page.
Next, we will apply the Printer Settings. See the Settings page.