Simplify3D Settings

Converting meshes to GCode; recipe sharing.

Re: Simplify3D Settings

Postby cgriffin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Davo wrote:Thanks for the update. :)

...any news on the update to the System so we can take advantage of the full software capabilities? (i.e. varying extrusion widths...)
cgriffin

Postby Davo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Karl and the team have been adding a wealth of features.

As promised, when I have a new release approved for public consumption, I will:

1. Email every customer
2. Post here on the forums
3. Post on the 3dprintboard forums
4. Post on facebook
5. Update http://hyrel3d.net/wiki/index.php/Repetrel
6. Update http://hyrel3d.net/downloads/

Please note that when upgrading from version 1.anything (or A33, if you are still on that) to version 2.anything, you will have to follow the full instructions, including flashing your 407 motion controller and each 103 hh/hb controller (hotbed and all print heads).
Hyrel 3D's Primary Simplificator
Ha, ha, made you look!
Davo
Site Admin

Postby cgriffin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:37 am

Here is a brief Simplify3d update, since I have been working with it this past week. I am liking it more and more every time I use it. All of the major bugs have been worked out now. On top of that, the honeycomb infill has been added (which previously I wrote was a missing pattern).

Last week I tried to slice a part with Slic3r, and it took over 78 minutes, using the Hyrel pc. That same part took only 15 seconds on my Core i5 laptop, which has a single-thread benchmark of (a measly) 40% faster than the Hyrel Celeron. Even if the S3d part print time was a few moments longer, just having near-instant access to the gcode made tuning my material settings actually possible.

The only minor bug I am currently dealing with is likely somewhat uncommon. S3d will not overwrite files on my Linux NAS. It will overwrite them on my Win PC mapped network drives, but not on my Linux NAS drives. It asks for confirmation, but never actually writes the file, and never announces an error. My workaround is to delete the previous file from within the save-as dialog box, or simply append a letter to the file name.
cgriffin

Postby Coder96 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

After see some videos on S3D. Lots of nice features.

How much customization has to done to get it to work with the Hyrel?
Coder96

Postby Davo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Davo wrote:Cliff,

Thanks to requests like this from you and from others, this should be an option in the next release.

Davo

Having not used Simplify3D, I cannot say what settings therein will need adjustments; but Repetrel will have the option to use gcode E values.
Hyrel 3D's Primary Simplificator
Ha, ha, made you look!
Davo
Site Admin

Postby cgriffin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 am

Coder96 wrote:After see some videos on S3D. Lots of nice features.

How much customization has to done to get it to work with the Hyrel?

The best thing about S3d is it's blazing fast slicing. Unlike other slicers, S3d can video in real time, without losing your attention.

It pretty much has the same settings that most of the others do. I think the first post in this thread gives all the settings.
cgriffin

Previous

Return to Slicing, Recipes & Settings